Hitting the one year mark of blogging has forced me to reflect upon my journey as a blogger. I started out mainly in the running niche, then have since branched out and evolved more into a wellness and lifestyle blog. (I guess anyway, let me know if you have another category for me lol). That being said, I’ve also come across 100’s of other blogs in all categories. One thing I’ve noticed is that alot of the “bigger” bloggers are all kinda the same. I’m almost convinced they all secretly belong to an exclusive club like the Illuminati and this is all a conspiracy…I kid…mostly….
Since really my only dream in life is to join this club (don’t try to deny it, I know it’s real) I’ve pinpointed the following reasons why they won’t let me join their secret society. (I’m apologizin in advance that these aren’t fitness goals Mar, but they are life goals so those count right? lol)
1. I’m not married, getting married, or have a man in my life right now…yup Single Girl alert! I have no cute hubby nicknames, date recaps, wedding planning, or babies/kids for blog fodder. I’m not bitter about it at all, nope not this girl. My naked finger, tear soaked pillow, and I are doing just fine thank you……..but just in case, anyone have a cute brother they wanna set me up with? Friend?…ok fine distantly related cousin?
2. I have no fur children….once upon a time I had a cat whose name was TK (aka something I can’t repeat out loud, but it starts with Thunder). He was the most adorable kittycat-man, but alas my apartment doesn’t allow pets. He now resides with my Parents and loves my Mother more than me. As you can imagine being abandoned by a cat did wonders for my self-confidence and man-catching abilities….
3. I don’t drink copious amounts of [insert beverage here]….wine, tea, coffee, (tequila for you crazies out there)…..Can we still be friends if I don’t offer you a hot beverage to chat over or regale you with my tales of how many
bottles glasses of wine I had before writing this? For you fitness enthusiasts out there, I nary have a protein shake or smoothie to offer either. As soon as room temperature water becomes hip I’ll have everyone beat though! (mad cackle)
4. I don’t pray to the Trader Joe Gods, “eat clean,” go on juice cleanses, or find the paleo diet even remotely tempting. Call me crazy but I like grilled cheese sandwiches, hold the weird combinations, and dessert that’s not made from dates or mashed bananas. When did casseroles go out of style anyway?…Oh wait, the 90’s? Fair enough…
5. I have no desire to drink the kool-aid that is Disney. It’s one big money making scam and the parks are the cesspits of America not where my dreams are made….hear that? That’s the sound of everyone rushing to unfollow me….well darn, now I’ll never make it to the big time. I take it back! Bring me the kool-aid!!
Bonus: my food photos weren’t shot in a studio by a 6 million dollar camera. I used my….wait for it….iphone. Ahh I said it and I know somewhere there’s a food blogger crying into her perfectly lit bowl of photo-ready oatmeal. For that I am truly sorry. I mean who wants to eat teary oatmeal?…that’s the real tragedy here. Let’s think about that for a second….
Things for my blogger bucket list….one day I’ll see those shiny lights and know I’ve been inducted into the Blogger Secret Society. Until then, I guess I better start working on gettin a man, a pet, a beverage addiction, and a real camera…Did I leave anything out?
In all seriousness, I write b/c I love it and my many readers and subscribers are nothing to scoff at anyway. I could do a heck of a lot more than what I do to try and get followers but that’s not why I write. I write to make real connections not just get my name out there or make some dough. So I promise not to sell-out if you won’t (again I joke…calm down)
What other “big blogger” trends do I not follow? What about you?
Don’t forget to follow me on all my social media sites for more Blonde
Linkin up with Little-Friday, the DC Gang, and Darci for Friday Five
Pingback: Recipe For a Great Weekend | The Blonder Side of Life()
Pingback: Lessons From a 20-something | The Blonder Side of Life()
Pingback: The Blonder Side Of Life | Rebecca Chapman()
Pingback: Liebster Love + New LinkUp Announcement | The Blonder Side of Life()
Pingback: Trying to Teach an Old Dog New Tricks | Welcome to the Nuthouse()
Pingback: Introducing The New Blonder Side of Life! - The Blonder Side of Life()
Pingback: Month in Review: September - The Blonder Side of Life()